Problems of BTN8962

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User17939
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked
In the product data sheet, please refer to ""Figure 16"". Let's assume two changes in my application:

1 - My power supply will be a 35V battery power supply
2 - The motor ""M"" will be replaced by a highly inductive load (essentially a coil) that is about 500mH and a DC resistance of 2.9 ohms

Questions:
With a highly inductive load replacing ""M"", it would cause voltage surges back to the power supply, how can the supply be protected?
What is the effect of the flyback current from the inductive load on the battery supply?
What precautions should I take to protect it? The most obvious seems to be the use of a diode from the battery in series to the circuit.
"
0 Likes
1 Reply
bingquan
Employee
Employee
The max. rating of VS is 40V. If current flows back to the battery, the device might have avalanch issue. It is import to make sure the voltage doesn't exceed the max. Rating. Using a diode is the correct way to avoid the problem. Please be noticed all parameters are specified for supply voltage range of normal operation( 8V to 18V ). The parameters might have deviations when Vs is 35V.
0 Likes