infineon4engi@twitter twitter

infineon4engineers Facebook

infineon@linkedin linkedin

infineon@youtube youtube

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Beginner Beginner muratrazi is on a distinguished road
    Hi LiangXiao,

How did you suply the mcu? Did you connect 12v to VS pin or did you only supply the mcu with the vddp?

Kind Regards

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    Fiz is on a distinguished road
    Hi Muratzi,

the TLE98xx needs to be powered over the VS pin.
    We can not guarantee the functionality when it is externally supplied over VDDP.
    Did you try the connect the VS Pin for flashing over SWD?

Best,
    Fiz
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

Hi Fiz,

I connected VS pin for flashing. I have some doubts about my j link segger. Can i use tle987x evalboard to swd debug another mcu which is on tle987x evalboard? I mean debuging one tle987x evalboard
    which is powered 12v with one tle987x evalboard as the j link.

best
    Murat

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    Hi Murat,

What problem do you have with your j-Link?
    Are you using the TLE9879 Evalkit or the TLE987x Evalboard?

The XMC4200 used on the Evalkit uses a 3.3V logic.
    To flash the TLE9879 several level-shifter are used to lift the signals to 5V.
    The level-shifter on the evalkit are supplied by VDDP, coming from the TLE9879.
    So if you would not connect VS at the 1. board to only use the debugger, the levelshifter would not be supplied.
    You could try to connect VDDP of the 1. board to an external 5V supply.
    Please keep in mind this is not an intended usage of the kits and we can not guarantee for this to work.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Debugging_Evalkit_with_evalkit.png
Views:	1
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	4288

Please let me know if this worked for you.
    Best,
    Fiz
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

Hello Fiz,

Because i have some doubts about my hardware design, i wanted to be sure about j link. Because of this i wanted to debug tle987x eval board thanks to another tle987x in order to be just sure that i
    have some problems with my hardware design. I debuged tle987x eval board with another tle987x board that is used as just j link and it worked with my style connection(it is a bit different from yours).
    Now i will use the same approach with the new designed hardware mcu tle9871. I think with the new design, i will be able to debug and load program to my pcb that will has tle9871.

kind regards
    Murat

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    Hi Murat,

great to hear!
    If you experience more problems you can always ask the forum our contact our technical assistance center:

https://www.infineon.com/cms/de/abou...-support-form/

Best,
    Fiz

Hi fiz,

I have a board that is attached. This board have tle9871 mcu and i want to debug it with tle987x eval board. But it does not work. I plug in the sw cables directly without any resistance. Do you think that it will work?

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	191.2 KB
ID:	4290

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    Hi Murat,

if you connect all signals and the power correctly, this should work.
    For the Evalboard we are using a daughter board with a spring socket to evaluate different variants.
    Do you have one of those?

Name:	TLE987x_evalboard.png
Views:	0
Size:	238.5 KB
ID:	4300

Best,
    Fiz

Hi fiz,

I could debug the circuit that i have uploaded here. I have seen this product but it was absolute when i checked it. What is the name of this product?

Kind Regards,
    Murat.

Disclaimer

All content and materials on this site are provided “as is“. Infineon makes no warranties or representations with regard to this content and these materials of any kind, whether express or implied, including without limitation, warranties or representations of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. No license, whether express or implied, is granted by Infineon. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from Infineon.

Infineon accepts no liability for the content and materials on this site being accurate, complete or up- to-date or for the contents of external links. Infineon distances itself expressly from the contents of the linked pages, over the structure of which Infineon has no control.

Content on this site may contain or be subject to specific guidelines or limitations on use. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Usage Terms of the site; third parties using this content agree to abide by any limitations or guidelines and to comply with the Usage Terms of this site. Infineon reserves the right to make corrections, deletions, modifications, enhancements, improvements and other changes to the content and materials, its products, programs and services at any time or to move or discontinue any content, products, programs, or services without notice.