[SOLVED] tle987x debugging problem with segger j-link

Announcements

Webinar: Integrated solutions for smaller, simpler low-voltage motor control design.
Join the webinar to experience!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User17857
Level 3
Level 3
First like received
Hello everyone,

I have a pcb board with tle987x mcu. I have been trying to laod the program with j link segger base. you can seen our errors on the pictures uploaded.We are trying to load our program thanks to SWD with j-link segger base. As you can see on 3th picture uploaded, VDDP connected to 40th pin,
SWDIO connected to 20th pin(TMS), SWDCLK connected to 21th pin,RESET connected to 22th pin. What can our problem be? Any suggestion will be appreciated about loading program to tle987x.

Kind Regards,
Murat.

3731.attach3732.attach3733.attach
0 Likes
19 Replies
Fiz
First like received 50 replies posted 25 replies posted
Hi Murat,

can you try to update the segger J-Link driver? You can find it under: https://www.segger.com/downloads/jlink/#J-LinkSoftwareAndDocumentationPack
There has been a compatibility problem with some subversions of driver 6.46, but they were resolved in 6.48a.

Best,
Fiz
0 Likes
User17857
Level 3
Level 3
First like received
Hello,

We have tried with the new version but it did not work. I think we are making a mistake with starting modes of the tle987. Is there any ready kit to load a program into tle987x?

Kind Regards
Murat
0 Likes
User17952
Level 3
Level 3
To make the TLE9879 enter the SWD debug mode,you should set the ports TMS/SWDIO and P00/SWDCLK to high level , P02 to low level while releasing reset.You can use the Jlink.exe ,this is a Jlink Commander and type in:
>r0
>tck1
>t1
>r1
0 Likes
User17857
Level 3
Level 3
First like received
Hello,

I have tried to TMS/SWDIO and P00/SWDCLK to high level excetp p02 to low level. Because it is not connected to the any pluggable port on my pcb. Will it be problem if i leave p02 open ? After writing the commands
in the jlink commander ,Will the tlek987x be shown on the arm keil?

Kind regards
0 Likes
User17952
Level 3
Level 3
Hi muratrazi ,
I have tried this way on my own pcb board .After closed the jlink command window, the SWD device will show in keil .I don't have tried to leave P02 open ,so I don't know what will happen.
You can find it in the Booting Scheme chapter of the Manual:
3751.attach
Kind regards
0 Likes
Fiz
Hi Murat & Liang Xiao,

When P0.2 is left open it will stay at 0, only pulling it to 1 will disable the SWD interface.
@Murat: Did you have any success with sending with commands suggested by Liang Xiao?
@Ling Xiao: Thank you for helping a fellow embedded Power user!

Best,
Fiz
0 Likes
User17857
Level 3
Level 3
First like received
Hello again,

Liang Xiao,How did you connect the pins to the board? Did you use any resistor? Could you please share me your swd debug shema? I order a pcb with only tle987 and I have connected vs to 12V and
and negative side to any ground of the mcu directly. And it did not work too. i connect the stlink to the cpu without any resistor.

Kind Regards
0 Likes
User17857
Level 3
Level 3
First like received
Hi Fiz,

It did not work. I dont know why really.
0 Likes
User17952
Level 3
Level 3
HI muratrazi,
I connected the pins of TLE987 to SWD interface directly.I didn't use any resistor in the SWD interface circuit.You can find more information about SWD design in the application note named Infineon-AppNote-TLE986x-TLE987x-FAQ-Application-Hints .
For example:
3773.attach
Best!
0 Likes
User17857
Level 3
Level 3
First like received
Hi LiangXiao,

How did you suply the mcu? Did you connect 12v to VS pin or did you only supply the mcu with the vddp?

Kind Regards
0 Likes
Fiz
Hi Muratzi,

the TLE98xx needs to be powered over the VS pin.
We can not guarantee the functionality when it is externally supplied over VDDP.
Did you try the connect the VS Pin for flashing over SWD?

Best,
Fiz
0 Likes
User17857
Level 3
Level 3
First like received
Hi Fiz,

I connected VS pin for flashing. I have some doubts about my j link segger. Can i use tle987x evalboard to swd debug another mcu which is on tle987x evalboard? I mean debuging one tle987x evalboard
which is powered 12v with one tle987x evalboard as the j link.

best
Murat
0 Likes
Fiz
Hi Murat,

What problem do you have with your j-Link?
Are you using the TLE9879 Evalkit or the TLE987x Evalboard?

The XMC4200 used on the Evalkit uses a 3.3V logic.
To flash the TLE9879 several level-shifter are used to lift the signals to 5V.
The level-shifter on the evalkit are supplied by VDDP, coming from the TLE9879.
So if you would not connect VS at the 1. board to only use the debugger, the levelshifter would not be supplied.
You could try to connect VDDP of the 1. board to an external 5V supply.
Please keep in mind this is not an intended usage of the kits and we can not guarantee for this to work.

3871.attach

Please let me know if this worked for you.
Best,
Fiz
0 Likes
User17857
Level 3
Level 3
First like received
Hello Fiz,

Because i have some doubts about my hardware design, i wanted to be sure about j link. Because of this i wanted to debug tle987x eval board thanks to another tle987x in order to be just sure that i
have some problems with my hardware design. I debuged tle987x eval board with another tle987x board that is used as just j link and it worked with my style connection(it is a bit different from yours).
Now i will use the same approach with the new designed hardware mcu tle9871. I think with the new design, i will be able to debug and load program to my pcb that will has tle9871.

kind regards
Murat
0 Likes
Fiz
Hi Murat,

great to hear!
If you experience more problems you can always ask the forum our contact our technical assistance center:

https://www.infineon.com/cms/de/about-infineon/company/contacts/product-support-form/

Best,
Fiz
0 Likes
User17857
Level 3
Level 3
First like received
Hi fiz,

I have a board that is attached. This board have tle9871 mcu and i want to debug it with tle987x eval board. But it does not work. I plug in the sw cables directly without any resistance. Do you think that it will work?
3873.attach
0 Likes
Fiz
Hi Murat,

if you connect all signals and the power correctly, this should work.
For the Evalboard we are using a daughter board with a spring socket to evaluate different variants.
Do you have one of those?
3882.attach

Best,
Fiz
0 Likes
User17857
Level 3
Level 3
First like received
Hi fiz,

I could debug the circuit that i have uploaded here. I have seen this product but it was absolute when i checked it. What is the name of this product?

Kind Regards,
Murat.
0 Likes
Fiz
Hi Murat,

good to hear!
Be eval-board can be found here:
https://www.infineon.com/cms/de/product/evaluation-boards/tle987x-evalb_jlink/

The socket-board does not have a specific name and it is also unfortunately not available on its own.
Normally it comes together with the eval-board.

Best,
Fiz
0 Likes