infineon4engi@twitter twitter

infineon4engineers Facebook

infineon@linkedin linkedin

infineon@youtube youtube

Closed Thread
    New Member New Member bobypal is on a distinguished road

[SOLVED] TLE9879 QXA40 communication problems with LIN Masters

Hi sir,

I am working on TLE9879 QXA40 and using the example code Sensorless FOC with LIN.
    I am using two tools as LIN master. One is Microchip serial LIN Analyzer and the other one is CANoe. The controller is able to detect the LIN signal from Microchip tool but not from CANoe.

Although the identifier,baud rate (19200), data bytes and checksum types are same in both the tools.
    I have taken the CRO traces of the LIN signal from both the tools. The only difference I can observe is the difference in the time of Break Field, due to which the total time of the LIN frame is also different.
    Below are the details of the signals.

From CANoe Tool: Total frame time : 6.709 ms
    Break field time: 953.612 micro sec

From Microchip tool : Total frame time : 6.4 ms
    Break field time : 672 micro sec

The LIN 2.1 standard says that the break field should be at least 13 bit long and one break delimiter.

On calculating, the break field from microchip tools comes to be 13 bit and from CANoe tool is 18 bit. Both of them are following the standard.
    What could be the issue in this case? And is there any provision in the example code of Sensorless FOC with LIN to change the limit on break field or tolerance, so that it starts accepting the frame from CANoe also?

Click image for larger version

Name:	CANoe_Break_field.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	4114Click image for larger version

Name:	CANoe_LIN_Frame_Time.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	4115Click image for larger version

Name:	Microchip_Break_Field.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	4116Click image for larger version

Name:	Microchip_LIN_Frame_Time.jpg
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	4117

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    Fiz is on a distinguished road
    Hi Bobypal,

I moved your question to its own thread so it can found be more easily.
    We will look into this and let you know as soon as possible when we were able to come up with a solution.

Best,
    Fiz
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    Fiz is on a distinguished road
    Hi Bobypal,

This behavior is described in the User Manual rev1.4 page 635.

Please check the configuration of the BGSEL bitfield.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2019-09-25-08-29-31-354.png
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	4216

Best,
    Fiz
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

Disclaimer

All content and materials on this site are provided “as is“. Infineon makes no warranties or representations with regard to this content and these materials of any kind, whether express or implied, including without limitation, warranties or representations of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. No license, whether express or implied, is granted by Infineon. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from Infineon.

Infineon accepts no liability for the content and materials on this site being accurate, complete or up- to-date or for the contents of external links. Infineon distances itself expressly from the contents of the linked pages, over the structure of which Infineon has no control.

Content on this site may contain or be subject to specific guidelines or limitations on use. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Usage Terms of the site; third parties using this content agree to abide by any limitations or guidelines and to comply with the Usage Terms of this site. Infineon reserves the right to make corrections, deletions, modifications, enhancements, improvements and other changes to the content and materials, its products, programs and services at any time or to move or discontinue any content, products, programs, or services without notice.