New code does not run on Application (TFT) Kit?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User17612
Level 4
Level 4
First like received
Hi,

I have just received my Application Kit and when I plugged it in the demo code ran correctly. I have just written my 'blinky' code in BIFACES and downloaded it to the Application Kit but when I try and run it the reset LED flashes a few times and then seems to sit in reset.

#8042000 11974
0 Likes
2 Replies
User17740
Level 4
Level 4
First solution authored First like received
Hi,

The TFT (Application) Kits include the TLF35584 Safety Micro Power Supply. A feature of the TLF is that there is a watchdog which should be serviced by software running on the AURIX via the SPI connection. The demo code supplied with the kit included this code, but your code does not. There are three ways to solve this problem.
You can add the code to your project to service (or disable) the watchdog feature of the TLF35584
If you are using a debugger, you can add a script that runs when the debugger resets the AURIX and disables the watchdog.
You can modify the hardware to disable the watchdog by pulling the TM pin of the TLF35584 high. There are pull up and pull down resistors on this pin in the hardware, by default the pull down is fitted, this can be removed and a pull up resistor added.

3715.attach
0 Likes
User19734
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted First reply posted First question asked
Hi Bernie,
i'm having the same issue on TC2x7 application kit; i've downloaded the example project Blinky_LED_1_KIT_TC265_TFT; i've used an example project for TC265 because there are no example project for TC267, probably this is the cause of the issue.
Anyway the download went fine, everything was working until i've switched off/on the board, since then it is stuck keeping resetting every 2 seconds.

The watchdogs you're referring to are those already disabled in all example project?

In order to restore the board i'd like to try the hardware solution (since i can no longer connect with any software), but looking at my board i see i do not have R128, while i have R127... using an oscilloscope i see a 5V supply on pin TM for about 2 seconds, then it goes to 0 for less than a second, then again to 5V and so on...

Is there something i can do to restore the board?

Thanks,
Miglio
0 Likes