[Position2Go] Frame interval vs time measured through ComLib interface

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User17566
Level 2
Level 2
First solution authored 5 replies posted First reply posted
I set up my position2go to capture 128 points at 300 kHz sampling frequency in Doppler mode. This means 1 chirp (not really a chirp because doppler) per frame.
The reported minimum frame time interval is 1.426 ms. The frame interval is set to match the minimum.

When I capture the frame data using the ComLib C Interface on my computer, I save timestamps with every received frame.
My timestamps are showing 2.5 to 3.5 ms gaps between frames.

I assume the reason this time doesn't match the frame time because my program has some overhead for writing data to file, but what does that mean for the Position2Go?
Am I skipping frames because I can't request as fast as the frame interval? Am I receiving frames that could potentially be several milliseconds old?
How exactly does the Position2Go to ComLib interface data buffer work?
0 Likes
2 Replies
User17630
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked
I could run the comlib but what does the adc output means ?
0 Likes
User17566
Level 2
Level 2
First solution authored 5 replies posted First reply posted
ADC output is the data that is fetched by extract_raw_data.c. The ADC is the Analog to Digital Converter, since the mixed signal is measured analog. If you plot the raw data, you'll see a waveform as produced by the mixer on the board.
0 Likes