Automated Code Generation and Build of a DAVE project

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
I would like to automate the Code Generation and Build of a DAVE project, for example from a command prompt, batch file or script file such as Python.

The process must set the Build Configuration to 'Release' and display the result of the process. e.g. Successful, warnings and errors.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards
Aaron
0 Likes
12 Replies
Not applicable
I had/have a similar problem as I have a code generator toolthat itemises the components of a round-robin task system and knits together the inter-task messaging - input is a task and message spec, output is a header and source file to be included in the build. Thus I need to set up a dependency that ensures that before or after DAVE items have been compiled, my tool is run if the spec file has changed, and then the custom code (i.e. the task files, plus other added files in C and C++) are built, and lastly the linker is run. I have tried a couple of ways, but I can't seem to make the build aware of code dependency on the spec file; things get built regardless, although I have to say it does build the task stuff (i.e uses my tool). See image for using the pre-processing set-up, the only thing that worked adequately for me.
321.attach
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi SharmanJ,

Thank you for the information.

Best regards
Aaron
0 Likes
User5581
Level 3
Level 3
Hi,
We are starting to think about deploying a build server for code we develop in DAVE3, so a capability to call the code generator from the command line would be quite welcome.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi all,

We're looking into this and see what we could provide, thanks.

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes
Not applicable
sophia wrote:
We're looking into this and see what we could provide, thanks.

Hi Sophia,

Have you looked into this yet?

Thanks and best regards,
Michael
0 Likes
Not applicable
Has there been any update on the ability for command line build?
0 Likes
ningareddy_moda
Employee
Employee
Hi All,

Currently this feature is not supported in DAVE.

Best Regards
Ningareddy
0 Likes
Not applicable
HI,

I have filed an eticket (#463275718 ) to track this request.

http://www.infineonforums.com/support/dave3/index.php?option=com_maqmahelpdesk&Itemid=0&id_workgroup...

Regards,
Daryl
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi,

Is there an update on that request? We would like to do the same and build a DAVE project outside of the IDE for continuous integration purpose.
Is this a feature that could appear in a next release?

Thanks and regards
Loic
0 Likes
User11716
Level 1
Level 1
Hi,

since this Thread is a few years old, is there a way to trigger the "generate Code" inside the newer DAVE-Versions (DAVE-4.4.2) ?
I found a way to build the existing Code via Command-Line but I'm still missing a way to generate the DAVE-Apps Code with CLI...

Best regards
0 Likes
jferreira
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received
Hi,

Unfortunately the code generation and UI automation from CLI is not supported.

Regards,
Jesus
0 Likes
User11716
Level 1
Level 1
Hi Jesus,

thanks for your fast Reply. Please consider to integrate the option of building a DAVE-Project (with generated Code) from CLI into future DAVE-Versions.
As mentioned in many other threads this Feature is needed for Continous Integration. I think technically it's not a big deal to trigger the "generate Code"-Action
from CLI instead of the UI-Button 😉

Best regards
0 Likes