Looking for XMC4500 CAN bootloader example

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hi is there any example using CAN bootloader available for CAN BSL mode as described in refrence manual page 26-19 V1.2 2012-12.

Looking experience or working solution or DLL in order to boot over CAN.

Ultimately searching for CAN open compatibility algorithm, where more devices are connected in the same bus, but only one is selected to update its firmware.

Any hints and comments are welcome.

Best regards, Evgen
0 Likes
4 Replies
Not applicable
EvgenUrlep wrote:
Hi is there any example using CAN bootloader available for CAN BSL mode as described in refrence manual page 26-19 V1.2 2012-12.
Looking experience or working solution or DLL in order to boot over CAN.

I can not help with this question.

Ultimately searching for CAN open compatibility algorithm, where more devices are connected in the same bus, but only one is selected to update its firmware.
Any hints and comments are welcome.

CANopen boot loaders are using the SDO protocol. It is a Client/Server point to point connection.
The Client connects to the server and downloads the new data to it. Other nodes in the network still can communicate which each other.

There are some companies offering CANopen boot loaders. Emtas http://www.emtas.de/produkte/canopen-bootloader?lang=en comes in mind 🙂

regards
Heinz
0 Likes
Travis
Employee
Employee
First solution authored Welcome! 500 replies posted
Sorry to say we don't have any example on CAN BSL.
0 Likes
User8282
Level 1
Level 1
Hello.

Six months since last post. Are there any news relating an example on CAN BSL? Is it planned to be available in the near future?

Another question is related with bytes 1 and 2 of the initial CAN frame sent from the host in the Initialization phase of the CAN BSL. Can someone explain what means BTR? What value should I enter here?

Thanks very much in advance.
José Luis.
0 Likes
Not applicable
If talking about CAN, BTR typical means Bit Timing Register. Look at the NBTR register in the xmc4000 manual for setting the CAN bit timings.
http://www.bittiming.can-wiki.info/#Infineon my be helpful later too.
0 Likes