Webserver_xmc4500_relaxkit problem

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User7282
Level 4
Level 4
Hi,

I'm testing the webserver example in my xmc4500 relax kit and i cant acess the webserver typing relax/ in my browser. I was searching in my router dhcp status and found that there is one hostname named relax with an ip: 192.168.1.4. I can access the webserver by the ip, but not by the hostname. What can i do to acess the server by the hostname?

Another question: I can't configure the webserver creating a new project, the webserver only works when i use the Webserver_xmc4500_relaxkit project as base. What configuration steps can i do to get the webserver working?
0 Likes
7 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Travis
Employee
Employee
First solution authored Welcome! 500 replies posted
To create a WEBSERVER using relax kit, you have to make a different manual pin assignment for ETH001. Pls kindly check the attachment
0 Likes
Travis
Employee
Employee
"I can access the webserver by the ip, but not by the hostname. What can i do to acess the server by the hostname?"

I had taken note of this problem and will check on this. But at the mean time pls use the IP address method to access the webpage.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hello.
Problem and solution, if anybody else has the same problem.
Compiling of the example project "Webserver Relax Kit" doesn't work. Error: No rule to make target `../Webserver_XMC4500_RelaxKit.ld', needed by `Webserver_XMC45........

"Webserver_XMC4500_RelaxKit" v.1.1.0 as it is included in the latest update for DAVE 3.1.8 from 09/2013 has a wrong named *.ld file included.
"TestEasy.ld" has to be renamed into "Webserver_XMC4500_RelaxKit.ld".
There's also a spelling mistake in "Weberver_XMC4500_RelaxKit" - it has to be "Webserver_XMC4500_RelaxKit".
It's the easiest way to rename these files before importing the example project.

-->> @ DAVE engineers: would be nice to fix this with the next update.

!!!!!!!! Did anyone tried the Webserver with DAVE 3.1.8? It doesn't work for me. Neither the v.1.1.0 from the DAVE 3.1.8.-Update nor an working example from 3.1.6. which was migrated in 3.1.8. (via DAVE->Apps Migration) ??????????????????????

UPDATE: The webserver works. You've to choose another processor (the one from the relax kit, see project example for webser) while creating the project.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hello Travis,

I have the same problem as the others here. I can access the device using the IP address, but not the hostname. I have tried my company internal network and a router on my desk. I suppose that something wrong/not enabled in the lwip stack. Any suggestions?

Kind regards,

Christopher
0 Likes
Travis
Employee
Employee
Hi KeilUser,

Can you use just the IP address because I am not able to do it with a host name too. I am really not sure if this can be done, even the Infineon demo show the use of using host name.

Maybe let me re trigger the person who does this demo.

Best Regards
Travis
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hello Travis,

thanks for the feedback. For the moment, I can use the IP address (using the "private" router on my desk). But in our company network I have no means of determining the IP address. So then the module is "lost". In the company network I need the hostname resolution (and I believe that most or your customers will need that functionality too).

Kind regards,

Christopher
0 Likes
Travis
Employee
Employee
I had spoken to the person involved with this project and something needs to be done at your company network. Do you have any chance to speak to your company IT support?
0 Likes