XBUS interface in C161 microcontroller

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hi,
I want to understand how the XBUS in C161 works. Please share if anyone has any document related to XBUS of C161.
Thanks and regards
Ajay kumar
0 Likes
2 Replies
Not applicable
Hi,

if I use the micro-controller (C161) in mux mode and I want to use only the data lines D0 to D7 to send 16 bit address and 16 bit data (bidirectional). is it possible to do so. please find the attached interface diagram, in the block diagram A17 to A19 are used as GPIO to generate the control signal. P0L[0:7]/AD[0:] is used as data/address lines. lower 8 bit address goes first followed by higher 8 bit to make 16 bit address, same is the case with data also. the waveform for read and write cycle is also attached. Please conform the feasibility of the interface and also conform my understanding about mux mode is proper or I should switch to demux mode.
0 Likes
User9050
Level 2
Level 2
First solution authored
The datasheet with description of external control- and address-/data- lines is available for download via http://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-C161CSR-DS-v03_00-EN.pdf?fileId=5546d4624a0bf290014a153f100956.... Here you will find the timing diagrams as well.
1090.attach
Please see description of PORT0 pins in the table for multiplexed bus mode. For 8-bit address/data multiplex you will use P0L.0-P0L.7: AD0-AD7 or for 16-bit address/data access multiplex you will use P0L.0-P0L.7/P0H.0-P0H.7: AD0-AD7/AD8-AD15. The DSP can be connected to the C161 like a memory device. Using control lines to switch MSB/LSB octet to transfer a 16bit address is not recommended. Please check timing diagram of C161 respectively. 16-bit demultiplexed mode will need more PCB space.
0 Likes