Making a XMC4500 app example working on XMC4400 board

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hello,

What is the easiest way to rebuild an app (Resolver_FOC_Motor_Example1.zip) for a xmc4400 board instead of XMC4500?

I mistakenly bought a wrong version of XMC4500 (CPU_44B_V2)BGA version board that is not compatible with Motor controller Board. I tried migration function to port the app for my board but i have a migration failed error.

Here is the message from the DAVE when i try to migrate.

"Migration failed, Project data has been rolled back to original project status
Pre Migration Report

Migrating from 'XMC4500-F144x1024' to 'XMC4500-E144x1024-AC '
Checking compatibility for the selected target: XMC4500-E144x1024-AC

Checking Apps for device support... done
Checking for Mapped peripherals... done

Following peripheral's are missing in the selected device: 'XMC4500-E144x1024-AC' which were used in the current project.

peripheral/ccu8/0
peripheral/scu/0
peripheral/dac/0
peripheral/vadc/0
peripheral/dsd/0
peripheral/usic/0
peripheral/eru/1
peripheral/ccu4/0
peripheral/cpu/0 "

I want to run the "Resolver_FOC_Motor_Example1.zip" app on XMC4400 board but i find very difficult to rebuild the app from scratch.

I tried to manually add the apps (squares) from the library but when i want to connect them with Solver function i have an error.

So i need to buy the XMC4500-F144x1024 Board?

Iulian
0 Likes
1 Reply
Eric1
Employee
Employee
Hallo Lulian,

From your latest poste I expect that you already bought the XMC45 Board.

A migration from XMC45 to XMC44 for the Resolver example would not make sense, because we connected different Pins to the Motor control board.

You can still rebuild the Project from scratch by adding the Apps and configure and connect them manually.
(Reports: Signal Assignment, Pin Assignment)

This should not create errors.

Regards
Eric
0 Likes