miniWiggler connection to XC2723X trough Memtool

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
I want to connect a XC2723X with Infineon Memtool through my DAP two wire interface (P2.9, P10.12). Looking at the user's manual there is no Hardware Pin configuration for DAP. I can find only JTAG Hardware configuration.

What pin configuration do I need to connect with DAP interface ?

Thanks in advance.
0 Likes
3 Replies
mkd
Employee
Employee
5 sign-ins First like received First reply posted
perhaps you can try following:
(installation of DAS Edition v4.0.5 and Memtool 4.05.04 or higher required)

• Start “DAS Server Control Panel”
• If “UDAS” is not listed as running DAS Server click “Installed Servers” and start “UDAS”
• Start “DAS Device Scanner”
• Attach board to PC via DAP with miniWiggler
• The board should be listed as “UART responding (DAS JDS miniWiggler JTAG/DAP/SPD V2)”

If the board is answering as listed above you can go in Memtool:
• Click “Target” >> “Change” >> “New”
• Select “Use a default target configuration” >> [your controller] >> “Easy Kits (Bootstrap Loader)” >> “Easy Kit with [your controller] (BSL/UART-over-SPD)”
• Close windows “Create or use default” with “Finish”-button and “Select Target Configuration” with “OK”-button
• Click “Connect”-button to establish connection to board
• Click “Setup …”-button and select page “Protection / BMI”
• Check “Install BMI configuration”, select “Two Pin DAP (DAP0=2.9, DAP1=P10.12)” in the dropdown box and close window with “OK”-button
• Click “HW Protect”-button and in the popup-windows “Start”-button afterwards. Be shure that no areas were selected for protectin before accepting the following message of IMT!
• After the process finished Memtool can be closed
In the “Das Device Scanner” the controller should be listed as “XE166/XC2000-Familiy” from now on and can be flashed via Memtool with Target Configration Profile for DAS

Hope this helps to get your Hardware connected?!
0 Likes
Not applicable
Thanks for your help. Finally the connection to the XC2723X Microcontroller is working and the programming of the BMI was successful.
In order to connect with memtool it is also important to set the Hardware config pins to ASC Bootloader:

TRST -> High
P10.12 -> High
P2.9 -> X (High or low)
PORST -> High
0 Likes
mkd
Employee
Employee
5 sign-ins First like received First reply posted
Thanks for the hint on the hardware configuration.
> this should be done via restistors (otherwise control of the pins either by Controller or by Wiggler would not be possible)
0 Likes