Where do I get the startup_XMC4500.s file?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
I am looking for the latest version of the startup_XMC4500.s startup file for the IAR EWARM.
IAR told me that this file is provided by the chip manufacturer, thus Infineon in my case.
Sadly I cannot find anything on the Infineon website. I searched my DAVE folders on the harddisk but those files are for GCC.
0 Likes
5 Replies
Not applicable
Hi,

I have mine at this path:
C:\Program Files\IAR Systems\Embedded Workbench 6.5\arm\examples\Infineon\CMSIS\Infineon\XMC4500_series\Source\IAR
0 Likes
Not applicable
I think this is not not the official source for these files. The example projects are from IAR and I think they won't be kept up to date.

My reason is, that there is an issue raised with the IAR EWARM v7.10 and higher (quoted here). Of course I fixed this by hand but it would be wiser to use official files if such ones are available.

I would expect some access to the actual files at the Infineon site.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi,

After checking with the respective person, it is known that the updated startup file is provided to IAR.
What you need to do is install the Infineon example projects in IAR Information Center for ARM:

739.attach

After installation of example project you can find the CMSIS files in the following folder:

\ProgramData\IARSystems\EmbeddedWorkbench\DownloadedExamples\arm\7.20.1\Infineon\CMSIS

740.attach

The latest CMSIS files (which included the latest startup file) are included in IAR v7.20.
0 Likes
User13264
Level 1
Level 1
Is there any way to get these startup files directly from Infineon? I'd rather not install all of the IAR stuff.
0 Likes
jferreira
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received
0 Likes