Is it possible to assign P0.0 to a capture module in Dave

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User8570
Level 3
Level 3
I am aware P0.0 on the XMC4500 MCU is not a CCU4 input but maybe any suggestions to connect somehow this input to a capture pin?

I have a Pwm signal connected and trying to detect the period and duty cycle.

Hard way will be monitor the status as external interrupt? Or even using a system timer to count the high and low time segments?
0 Likes
6 Replies
Not applicable
Hi Jean Paul,

I think you should be able to use ERU to make the connection between ports and CCUx. You can try to use ERU001, ERU002 and CAP001 Apps for your case.
There are some examples can be used as reference:
1) "ERU001_ERU002_Example2" - external interrupt event via port pin
2) "CAP001_Example1" - measurement of PWM signal (period and duty cycle information)

Good luck...

BR,
Zain
0 Likes
User8570
Level 3
Level 3
Zain

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried to add the ERU001, ERU002 and CAP001 Apps. For some reason I can't interconnect ERU002 to CAP001. ERU002 only shows me a NVICXX connection available. Is it possible to assign this connection manually?
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Jean Paul,

I'm able to make direct connection between ERU002 and CAP001. Attached is the snapshot of "Signal Assignment".

728.attach

BR,
Zain
0 Likes
User8570
Level 3
Level 3
Zain

Not sure why I am not able to do it. I am attaching a capture of my DAVE 3 IDE. The only option it shows me to connect is NV002/3 App. I am using XMC4500 F1024 AC chip

729.attach
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Jean Paul,

Just realized that there is no signal connection between ERU0 and CCUx. Hence, P0.0 is unable to be used in your case since it is assigned to ERU0.0B0. You need to select the pins assigned to ERU1 eg. P0.3 or P0.5.

BR,
Zain
0 Likes
User8570
Level 3
Level 3
Thanks Zain. In this case I can do the capture module on software manually. Just I was trying to check if it is possible.
0 Likes