Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
I am new to ESD protection. We make RF coaxial connectors, etc. Have requirement to insert ESD protection for 25 KV electrostatic discharge into one end of connector and max of 50uJ energy through. We can design connector no problem. Must work to 6 Ghz with reasonable RF performance. What type of ESD diode should I use? Does Infineon have a diode that would meet this requirement that we could design into our connector?
0 Likes
4 Replies
AntonG
Employee
Employee
Hi David,

thanks for your question! We'd need some more information before we can recommend you a suitable device.

- 25kV is a rather high ESD level for applications we usually have. According to which standard do you specify this voltage? What is the voltage waveform? I assume you know it, since you calculated energy level.
- what is the power level on the connector during normal operation? Or better yet, working voltage? We don't want to clamp useful signal after all.
- what is resonable performance for you? Target insertion loss? Capacitance? Are there nonlinearity requirements?
- can you put SMD-type diode into your connector?

Best regards,
Anton
0 Likes
Not applicable
Anton,

I am trying to upload a screenshot of the specs but can't seem to get it to work.

Can I email to you?

David
0 Likes
E_B_
Employee
Employee
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 10 questions asked
Hi David,

Please feel free to contact us via: esd.service@infineon.com

We will be glad to review your spec.

Best regards

Eliana
0 Likes
Not applicable
Very useful information to me. Thank you so much to sharing it with us.
0 Likes