FAT32 with XMC4500

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hello,

just a simple question. I have a sd card, that only works with FAT32. Is it possible to write on FAT32 with the FAT-Apps? The FATFS004-App talks about support of SDHC-cards, but is it only the support of the cards using FAT system or should it work with FAT32, too?

I have some program, that saves data on a sd-card with FAT, but there is no data saved on a sd-card with FAT32.

Is there some option, that I can write on FAT32?

Thank your very much.
Best regards,
MTR
0 Likes
1 Reply
Travis
Employee
Employee
First solution authored Welcome! 500 replies posted
MTR wrote:
Hello,

just a simple question. I have a sd card, that only works with FAT32. Is it possible to write on FAT32 with the FAT-Apps? The FATFS004-App talks about support of SDHC-cards, but is it only the support of the cards using FAT system or should it work with FAT32, too?

I have some program, that saves data on a sd-card with FAT, but there is no data saved on a sd-card with FAT32.

Is there some option, that I can write on FAT32?

Thank your very much.
Best regards,
MTR

Hi MTR,

we had also experienced that some of the SD cards are not readable, thus we are investigating on this also.

I have a sd card, that only works with FAT32. Is it possible to write on FAT32 with the FAT-Apps?
Travis: Yes.

The FATFS004-App talks about support of SDHC-cards, but is it only the support of the cards using FAT system or should it work with FAT32, too?
Travis: Please note that your SD card is non HC, as it is not supported. What is the error code feedback after mount()?

/* Mount the drive */
Result = mount(0, &myfsObject);
if(Result != DAVEApp_SUCCESS)
{
error = 1;
}

Best Regards
Travis
0 Likes